TakeNote is Clemson's all-female a cappella breakout group, with membership taken from the Clemson University Singers and Women's Glee. Since 1997, the ladies of TakeNote have made quite a name for themselves throughout the campus, community, and nation. They have completed three CDs and have one song included on an album for BOCA, "Best of Collegiate A Cappella."
TakeNote performs three concerts each year in the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts and multiple concerts at a myriad of on- and off-campus venues. In addition, the group regularly travels through the region and beyond.
Membership is through audition and requires participation in Women's Glee or CU Singers.
Initial auditions will be on Monday, August 26, beginning at 6:30 pm in 117 Brooks.
For the initial audition, students should complete an application and prepare a brief solo passage from a familiar pop piece. The solo, to be sung a cappella, should demonstrate musicality, tone quality, and stage presence. Call-back auditions will follow. Applications will be available at the first rehearsals of CU Singers, Men's Glee, and Women's Glee.
- Clemson University Percussion Ensemble
- Clemson University Singers
- Clemson University Jazz Ensemble
- Clemson University Concert Band
- Clemson University Pep Band
- Clemson University Tiger Band
- Clemson University Women's Glee
- Clemson University Men's Glee
- Clemson University Symphony Orchestra
- Clemson University Symphonic Band
- Clemson University Jazz Combo
- CU Tiger Band Drumline
- Clemson University Steel Band
- Clemson Players
- Clemson University Carillon