Clemson University's Jazz Ensemble, also know as "The Jungaleers," (MUSIC 3630) is a Big Band with standard instrumentation. The ensemble performs music of many different genres and has a personality and flair all its own. If you love to have fun playing music, consider joining us!Performances:
CU Jazz Ensemble
Thursday, November 21 • 8 pm
$8 adults / $5 students
Anyone interested in auditioning for the group should attend the first meeting of the semester on Thursday, August 22 at 2 pm, Room 112 Brooks. All auditions will consists of a prepared song that will be rehearsed during the first class meeting and an optional improvisation on a simple progression.
Wind Section Auditions (Trumpets, Trombones, and Alto, Tenor, and Bari Saxophones) will occur the following week. An audition sign-up sheet will be available at the meeting on August 23. The criteria to be judged will consist of tone quality, technique, style, and consistent time.
Rhythm Section Auditions (Drum Set, Piano, Guitar, and Bass) will occur following the wind section auditions. These auditions will consist of playing the prepared song with the full wind section. The criteria to be judged will consist of: consistent time, how well you can accompany soloists, how well you can solo, appropriate style, and musical versatility.
- Clemson University Percussion Ensemble
- Clemson University Singers
- Clemson University Jazz Ensemble
- Clemson University Concert Band
- Clemson University Pep Band
- Clemson University Tiger Band
- Clemson University Women's Glee
- Clemson University Men's Glee
- Clemson University Symphony Orchestra
- Clemson University Symphonic Band
- Clemson University Jazz Combo
- CU Tiger Band Drumline
- Clemson University Steel Band
- Clemson Players
- Clemson University Carillon