Students may pursue a minor in music.
No entrance audition is required and the curriculum can be completed in two years.
The music minor requires 18 credit hours, including private lessons, music theory, music history, and electives.
• Four semesters in private (applied) lessons (MUSIC 1510, 1520, 2510, 2520)
• Students must choose a major instrument or voice
• Lessons must be taken on primary instrument
• Applied lesson tuition fee of $305/semester is required - scholarships are available
• One semester of Music Theory and Aural Skills - MUSIC 1420/1430.
• One advanced music history class (MUSIC 4150 or 4160)
• Four semesters of large ensemble (selected from Music 3230, 3610, 3620, 3630, 3690, 3700, 3710, 3720) on primary instrument, or secondary keyboard study (organ, carillon, or accompanying) for keyboard minors.
• One three-credit-hour music elective at the 3000 or 4000 level
For more information on minoring in music,
please e-mail Perf-Arts-L@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3043.
Additional Music Links