AUDIO TECHNOLOGY INTERVIEW/AUDITION INFORMATION
- Students interested in auditioning for the Performing Arts - Audio Technology Major should prepare and bring a resume. Please list any experience and/or skills demonstrating the following :
- • Previous Music Technology experience
- • MIDI or audio on home computers
- • Audio work at school, community, and/or church venues
(Please bring samples of recording work you may have done.)
- Musical Skills (Demonstration of any of these skills will be beneficial.)
- • Performance - demonstration of proficiency on an instrument is encouraged but not mandatory.
- • Music Reading – students must be able to read music at a minimum basic level.
- • Song Writing – a sample of a song the student may have written may be included either as a sample of recorded work or performance demonstration.
Note: Transfer students and Change of Major students should have a minimum 2.8 GPA to enter the program.Clemson Students wishing to change majors may be asked to submit their most recent Degree Progress Report.
- Students should be prepared to answer the following questions:
- • What attracted you to this degree program?
- • What are your career aspirations?
- • What are your experiences and background in the arts?
- • What other (non-arts) activities were you involved with in your school and/or community during your high school career?
- Understanding that this degree requires collaborative teamwork with students of varying performing arts backgrounds:
- • How do you see yourself fitting into this curriculum?
- • What previous experiences have you had in collaboration?
All incoming Clemson University students must meet the incoming student entrance requirements which include providing to Clemson University Admissions:
- • SAT scores
- • High school class rank
- • High School GPA