- Living Learning Community for First Generation Success Program
- Summer Preview
- Programs, Services and Research
- Contact Us
College is an experience characterized by change and challenges. A strong support system can make a difference in whether or not a student excels. The FIRST Program helps ensure success for students who are the first in their family to attend college. First-generation college students are individuals whose parents do not hold a degree from a four-year college or university. Clemson is proud of its first generation students and is committed to their success.
FIRST helps these students adjust to the college experience by offering a variety of opportunities and resources, from academic support to social activities. New freshman and transfer students are invited to apply and use the resources and opportunities FIRST provides. FIRST participation continues throughout a student’s time at Clemson.
• 15% of Clemson students are first-generation college students
• Over 3,000 FIRST students have been mentored by 84 successful mentors
• FIRST has graduated over 1,000 students