The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi — Clemson University Chapter 49
Benefits of Membership
are several reasons to join. None, though, is more important
than this: Membership recognizes and rewards academic success. At initiation, members receive gold keys and membership certificates. But Phi Kappa Phi is considerably more than a gold
key and an impressive addition to a résumé. Phi
Kappa Phi members enjoy many benefits such as:
- Membership in Phi Kappa Phi carries with it the
respect of family, friends, peers and employers.
- The National Scholar Award and the National
Artist Award honor those individuals who demonstrate the
ideals of the
society through their activities, achievements and scholarship.
Each of the society’s five regions has similar competitions
at the regional level. More information id available on Phi
Kappa Phi’s national Web site.
National Scholarship and Grant Competitions
- For juniors, Phi Kappa Phi offers 38 Study
Abroad grants of $1,000 each.
- For seniors, Phi Kappa Phi offers 60 Graduate
Fellowships of $5,000 each and 40 Awards of Excellence
of $2,000 each.
They are awarded on a competitive basis to students for
first-year graduate study. No other honor society provides
of support for its members.
- The Promotion of Excellence Grant Program
is designed to support projects and activities that promote
Up to $100,000 is awarded each triennium.
- $150,000 in awards and scholarships is
distributed annually by individual chapters.
- Through Phi
Kappa Phi’s national Web site,
members have access to a number of services and products,
including health insurance, online banking, travel,
society information and much more.
- Leadership positions exist at the chapter,
regional and national levels.
- Conferences and conventions provide excellent
opportunities to meet other members of this esteemed organization.
- The society offers two quarterly publications
to its members — The Phi Kappa Phi National Forum, a scholarly magazine, and The
Phi Kappa Phi Newsletter.