Clemson Connect is designated for new Clemson undergraduate students and is an integral part of your transition to Clemson life and the Clemson family. Clemson Connect is a series of activities and programs taking place before classes start to help you make academic and social connections, which will contribute to your success here. At the heart of this program are Clemson’s core values: integrity, honesty and respect.
Clemson Connect contains CU 1000, a pass/no pass zero-credit course that all new Clemson students are required to take. Each new student should have registered for CU 1000 during orientation course registration.
The required components of CU 1000 for the 2015 spring semester are:
- Transfers: Convocation and Mission: Transition are the formal beginning of Clemson Connect and the academic year. At Convocation, University administrators, and student leaders welcome you to Clemson. Following this program, you will participate in a transition program presented by Undergraduate Studies Transfer Programs and Transfer Council.
- All Students: Library Tutorial is a series of online research tutorials which introduce students to available library services and resources.
- All Students: New Student Dialogue Workshops are workshops comprised of 25 students, where students explore and process the significance and salience of social identity.
- All Students: Aspire is a peer-led health and safety-focused dialogue presented by Healthy Campus facilitators. The dialogue covers three areas key to maintaining a safe campus: alcohol misuse, mental health and sexual victimization in adherence with Title IX. Undergraduate and graduate students serve as program facilitators each semester.
After orientation, you will be able to access Blackboard to find the CU 1000 course, including tutorial and workshop sign-ups and assignment details.
Clemson Connect activities will occur on campus, Tuesday, January 6; attendance is mandatory. If you have not yet purchased your CU parking pass, you may again park in Lot C-1 with the pass you printed for orientation.
- Convocation and Mission: Transition - 2:00-3:15 p.m., 100 Brackett
- New Student Dialogue workshops - 3:30-5:30 p.m., locations in Hardin and Daniel
- You can sign-up for a workshop outside 100 Brackett from 12:00-2:00 p.m.
Any questions, please contact New Student and Family Programs at 864-656-0515 or by email to email@example.com.