Commission at Work
Making a Difference through Influencing Administrative Action
- Organized and hosted a Convergence Meeting of campuswide constituencies, resulting in the Clemson Leaders Group.
- Established a mentoring program for staff through Human Resources.
- Negotiated with the Office of Access and Equity and Redfern's Counseling and Psychological Services to offer confidential psychological counseling for victims of sexual harassment.
- Secured administrative support for expansion of the Career Center's employment services to aid spouses and partners of faculty and staff locating to Clemson.
- Updated and improved annual correspondence from the President to faculty and staff on the issue of amorous relationships involving students.
Making a Difference in the Future by Setting High Goals
- Continuing to monitor salaries of faculty and staff to ensure equity.
- Examining trends in academic and administrative appointments and encouraging the appointment of more women to senior positions.
- Examining hiring practices for fairness and consistency.
- Examining trends in tenure and promotion.
- Continuing to promote use of Career Services for spouses of new hires.
- Working to improve security on campus.
- Conducting an encompassing status analysis for women and minorities.
Making a Difference through Raising Awareness of Women's Issues
- Co-sponsors lectures and forums by prominent women scholars.
- Recognizes the achievements of women faculty and staff through an annual awards program.
- Presented results of a campus wide random sexual harassment survey on the Women's Commission website: www.clemson.edu/womenscommission.
- Delegates sent to represent Clemson University at the annual meetings of the South Carolina Women in Higher Education.
- Worked on ad hoc committee for a Faculty and Staff Club.