Chief Diversity Office
- Guide the University’s diversity agenda.
- Promote an inclusive and supportive campus and community environment.
- Identify and allocate appropriate resources to support University diversity initiatives.
- Promote the institution’s commitment and accomplishments regarding diversity to internal and external communities.
- Create innovative programs and projects that advance and support campus diversity.
- Develop, implement and coordinate a comprehensive strategic plan to advance the University’s diversity goals.
- Consult, advise and collaborate with University officials and offices regarding diversity issues and opportunities.
- Enhance recruitment and employment of underrepresented faculty and staff, as well as the recruitment of underrepresented students.
- Assess and report on institutional progress as it relates to diversity and inclusion.
- Represent the president and Clemson University as needed.
- Provide active leadership to ensure an institutional focus and emphasis on diversity and inclusion.
- Serve as the administrative liaison to campus commissions, committees and boards established to address various dimensions of diversity.