Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
Nadim M. Aziz
The Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost has primary responsibility for the University's academic program and is expected to provide strong leadership in:
- Achievement of University goals;
- A strategic academic planning process;
- Appointment, assessment, and professional development of academic administration;
- Evaluation and strengthening of academic programs;
- Formulation and implementation of academic policies;
- Allocation of resources to academic programs;
- Encouragement and support of collaborative programs; and
- Service as the primary University official in the absence of the President.
The Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost is responsible for the five academic colleges, undergraduate studies, the Graduate School, the libraries, the Honors College, computing and information technologies, distance and continuing education, teaching effectiveness and innovation and a variety of centers and institutes.