Be an Ambassador
Orientation Ambassadors are students who are well-respected, academically successful leaders on campus. These students are chosen based upon their current and potential academic, interpersonal and leadership qualities. Meet the 2014 Ambassadors! This is the team that guides new students through their orientation sessions during summer 2014 and January 2015.
Orientation is the process of assisting new students through the transition necessary for a successful college experience. Clemson University Orientation Ambassadors facilitate this process by providing new students, parents and guests with an introduction to campus and its resources. Clemson University's retention rate is a driving factor for our services, and it all begins before students even start their classes.
- A minimum GPR of 2.5 is required (prior semester and cumulative) and verified through Student Records
- Attend Clemson University as a full time student in the subsequent fall semester
- Be currently free of any academic or disciplinary probation as set by Student Code of Conduct and the Academic Integrity policy (verified through the Office of Community and Ethical Standards)
- Must enroll and participate in EDC 390-Ambassador Leadership and Training
- Must be available for ALL training, including participation in a conference, programs, and activities (see below)
- Gain significant leadership experience
- Make a lasting impact on all incoming students, parents and guests
- Establish life-long friendships with fellow Ambassadors
- Spend the summer in Clemson with free on-campus housing and various meals provided
- Practice and improve upon your communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent career experience for your résumé for all professional endeavors after graduation
- A great opportunity for networking and professional development
- Create strong connections with Clemson University staff, faculty and administration
- Get paid a summer stipend
- Have one of the most memorable and enjoyable experiences of your LIFE!
- Assist in and encourage students and guests to participate in all orientation activities
- Acquaint new students and guests with the campus environment and resources
- Facilitate small group discussions on various topics at orientation
- Represent Clemson University to students, guests and surrounding community
- Assist with students' course registration and academic advising sessions
- Assist with orientation check-in and session preparations
- Assist with and be present at the 2015 January Orientation
- Assist with other programs dedicated to new students in the fall and spring semesters
- Ambassadors cannot take classes during Summer Session I. Ambassadors may take Maymester and/or Summer Session II courses as long as their course schedule accommodates training sessions and office hours.
Applications are accepted during fall semester; offers are extended before winter break.
- Complete an online application through OrgSync, including résumé.
- Submit a letter of recommendation (reference from a Clemson employee strongly recommended and encouraged)
- Participate in Orientation Ambassador selection group process interview
- Participate in a 30 minute individual interview
Orientation Ambassador selection group process is a group simulation activity and is an integral part of the application process. After you submit your online application, you will stop by the New Student and Family Programs office, 902 University Union, to sign up for a group process time-slot. All letters of recommendation must be submitted to Chris Trudell by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to attending group process.
After all eligible candidates have participated in the group process interviews, New Student and Family Programs staff will invite selected candidates to a 30 minute individual interview.
Application Status in OrgSync
- Defer - pending application. Application is being reviewed and the GPR and judicial status checks are pending.
- Accepted - Application review is complete. The applicant may then sign up for the Group Process interview.
- Declined - Application is incomplete or qualifications were not met.
Mandatory Training Sessions and Programs
If selected as an Orientation Ambassador, the Ambassador must be available for ALL training sessions and participate in the following conferences, programs and activities.
- Orientation Ambassador winter retreat
- Spring semester 2014: EDC 390 class. Ambassadors will automatically be enrolled.
- National Scholars weekend
- Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (SROWcus POCUS at Clemson University)
- Discover Clemson
- Orientation Ambassador summer training
- Summer orientation sessions
- August orientation sessions
- January 2015 spring semester orientation session
For more information contact Chris Trudell at 864-656-0515 or visit OrgSync.