Welcome Leaders and Coordinators
How will Clemson remember you? Make a positive impact on the future of the University you love by applying to be a Welcome Leader. Welcome Leaders are Clemson students who volunteer their time throughout the fall semester to help all new students transition to campus.
- Must have completed at least one full academic semester at Clemson University
- A minimum GPR of 2.5 is required (prior semester and cumulative)
- Must attend Clemson in fall 2014
- Be currently free of any academic or disciplinary probation as set by the Student Code of Conduct and the Academic Integrity policy (verified through the Office of Community and Ethical Standards)
- Great way to give back to Clemson University
- Opportunity to positively impact the transition of all new students to Clemson by being a mentor throughout the fall semester
- Create lasting relationships with fellow Welcome Leaders
- Interact with professional staff and University administration
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Excellent experience for your résumé
- Opportunity to share your love and excitement for Clemson with the newest generation of Tigers
- Facilitate a small group (15-20) of new Clemson students during 2014 Clemson Connect
- Serve on a 2014 Welcome Leader Committee, to be chaired by your Welcome Coordinator
- Be knowledgeable of the Clemson Connect schedule and student requirements for CU 1000
- Serve as a resource for your group throughout Clemson Connect and into the fall semester
- Share a positive attitude and love for Clemson with staff, fellow Welcome Leaders and new students
- New Welcome Leaders will be invited to a Meet & Greet (time and location TBA)
- Attend Welcome Leader training on August 14-15, 2014
- Attend all required events throughout Clemson Connect
How to apply?
The Welcome Leader application is an online process and is open now! We invite you to participate in this engaging and exciting program. Welcome Leaders for 2014 Clemson Connect will be selected this spring.
Have you been a Welcome Leader in the past? Do you want to make an even bigger impact on the Welcome Leader program and Clemson University students?
Welcome Coordinators are previous Welcome Leaders whose exemplary attitude and skills have made them eligible to return to the staff as peer leaders. Welcome Coordinators are the liaison between the professional staff of New Student and Family Programs and the Welcome Leaders. Applications are available in February each year.
For more information or questions, please contact Evan Jaynes at New Student and Family Programs, telephone 864-656-0515.