What is CU 1010?
- A 2 credit (3 contact hour) course developed for freshmen and students on academic probation. (download syllabus).
- Fall sections are restricted to enrollment for ESP (Early Success Program) students, as well as those who are on academic probation.
- Sections offered in the Spring will be restricted to those who are on academic probation.
Why does Clemson University offer CU 1010?
- CLEMSON HISTORY: To introduce students to Clemson University — to recognize and appreciate Clemson’s uniqueness.
- DECISION MAKING: To develop an understanding of the complex issues and choices confronting students in college as they make a successful transition from high school to university learning.
- GOAL SETTING: To help students clarify why they are in college and set realistic goals for their experience here.
- CAMPUS RESOURCES/LIBRARY: To recognize and use the resources available to students throughout their college career to support their goals.
- ACADEMIC SUCCESS SKILLS: To develop essential skills and expertise that will lead to their success academically and in other areas of their life, including decision-making, communication, and time management.
- DIVERSITY: To encourage individual growth by increasing awareness of human diversity, cultures, values and beliefs.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT: To identify interests, skills, abilities and work values; prepare a resume.
- CRITICAL THINKING: to enhance reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills through application
- COMMUNICATION: to enhance listening, speaking and writing skills; to provide guidelines for effective communication in all facets of life of a college student.
For additional information contact Dr. Sue Whorton at 656-6212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.