Lori McGregor, our academic counselor, can help you evaluate your study skills, define your challenges, and develop strategies for academic success.
Reasons students consider academic counseling:
- "I spend lots of time studying but am not seeing the results."
- "I find myself putting off studying until the last minute and being stressed out."
- "I'm not sure what to study for exams."
- "I feel really anxious before and during tests."
- "I am pretty happy with how I'm doing, but would like to do even better."
Some of the topics covered are:
- Time Management
- Effective Note-Taking
- Creating a Study Plan
- Reading Strategies
- Reducing Test Anxiety
- Test Preparation
- Test-Taking Skills
In the session you will:
- Learn more effective ways of learning and retaining course material.
- Develop strategies to prepare for your most challenging courses.
- Receive personalized recommendations to improve study techniques.
- Discuss any concerns you may have about your academic situation.
To make an appointment, just call the Academic Success Center at (864) 656-6452 or stop by the ASC. We will be happy to schedule one for you! You may also contact Ms. McGregor by emailing her at email@example.com.