Tutoring Online and Appointments
Distance Learning and Online Student Information
- Online students may attend regular, drop-in tutoring sessions.
- If online learners are not on campus, they may only make one appointment per week per course with a tutor for the courses listed below.
- Online learners must follow all appointment-based and regular ASC tutoring rules.
Tutoring appointments are available for certain online and traditional students enrolled in courses with tutoring support during Summer 2016. Depending on the course and tutor, these appointments may be in person or online and are limited and filled first-come, first served. Appointments may be made by a group with a common class and issues. Tutors may not work on graded material, including but not limited to papers and written assignments. You may discuss difficult concepts and practice similar problems at tutoring. All appointment-based sessions will occur in the library or ASC.
Booking an Appointment
- You may only make one appointment per week. If you attend an appointment with a group, you must still wait until the next week for another appointment.
- Appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Appointments must be requested at least 48 hours in advance.
- Please email the tutor directly with your class schedule, username, and course to book an appointment.
You will lose appointment privileges for any of the following reasons:
- Does not show up to an appointment within 15 minutes of the appointment time.
- Cancels less than 24 hours in advance.
- Does not utilize a minimum of 30 minutes of an appointment.
- Does not come prepared with book, notes, questions and other materials.
- Books an appointment in order to replace a missed class session.
If you lose appointment privileges, you may attend the regular, drop-in sessions.
Utilizing Adobe Connect for Online Tutoring
- Book an appointment per the guidelines above. All ASC tutoring policies still apply.
- Please review the guide for online tutoring here.
- If the tutoring session is online, the tutor will create an Adobe Connect meeting and email you a link to accept the meeting invitation.
If you have additional questions, please contact Tutorial Services.