Become a Tutor
Being a tutor is a great way to be engaged on campus and offer valuable support to many students.
Great reasons to become a ASC Tutor:
- Gain a transferable skillset that would be valued by any employer.
- Expand and maintain your grasp of the course material.
- Play a significant role in student success at Clemson University.
- Earn money and have fun while doing it.
Peer-leaders through the ASC must:
- Have earned an "A" in the course(s)* they wish to support.
- Hold a minimum 3.30 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Be available for at least four hours of tutoring per week and all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Have a recommendation (see the form below) from a faculty member.
- Enroll in a one-hour credit course the first semester tutoring or have earned a Pass/P in an equivalent course (CU 1110, ED 110, ED 111).
- Attend a New Leader orientation on Monday, January 9 and Tuesday, January 10, the two days before classes begin in the Spring.
*Language tutors must have completed 1010 through 2020 at Clemson. AP scores are generally not accepted.