CSM students and faculty visit a Holder Construction site in Clemson, SC
The mission of the Department of Construction Science and Management (CSM) is to offer a comprehensive program of education with scholarly and service activities, consistent with the mission of Clemson University and the College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities, to improve the quality of the construction industry and thus the built environment.
The following goals of the department relate directly to and support Clemson University’s 2020 Road Map.
1. Excel in the education of undergraduate construction science and management majors through a rigorous program of academic learning designed to produce motivated, well-educated, responsible citizens with the management and technical skills requisite for leadership positions in the construction industry.
2. Excel in the education of graduate construction science and management majors through a rigorous program of academic learning designed to produce motivated, well-educated, responsible citizens with the management and technical skills requisite for leadership positions in the construction industry.
3. Provide relevant education in construction-related disciplines for other undergraduate students at Clemson University.
4. Foster Clemson University's service mission by providing outreach activities for the construction industry and the public, both nationally and internationally.
5. Assist in attaining Clemson University's funded research goal by seeking, conducting and disseminating the results of research and development and/or delivering educational materials for the construction industry worldwide through the Center for the Improvement of Construction Management and Processes.
To ensure that the CSM department continues to offer a quality education to its students to adequately prepare them for entry level positions in the construction industry, the department has developed and implemented a comprehensive student outcome assessment and planning process. View the current outcome assessment reports and plans here:
We are accredited by the American Council for Construction Education.