Skip to main content

Change of Major

Changing Majors Into the School of Architecture

Changing your major to architecture is a competitive process and based on space availability.

A limited number of non-architecture majors are accepted into the Bachelor of Arts in Architecture degree program once per year, normally in late December. Candidates must have completed ARCH 1010 and have a 2.7 overall GPR at the end of the fall semester. Students will be accepted into the major based on their performance in ARCH 1010 and the availability of space. Typically, there will be twice as many students competing for admission as there are spaces available so admission into the program even after having completed ARCH 1010 is not assured. It is important to note that because of the eight course studio sequence, it could take up to four years to complete the undergraduate degree after being accepted into the architecture program.

Undergraduate students here at Clemson University who want to change their major to architecture should contact Sallie Hambright-Belue, Director of Undergraduate Programs, at to make an appointment to discuss the change of major procedures in the School of Architecture in more detail and to see about being added to the ARCH 1010 – Introduction to Architecture course for the fall semester.

Changing Majors Out of the School of Architecture

Students planning to change their major from architecture to another major should first visit with their assigned architecture academic advisor. Students should then contact the departmental office of their intended new major to make an appointment with an advisor to discuss the major requirements and their change of major procedures.