Every Language Major (Modern Language, L&IT and double Major) is required to take the exit exam before graduating. Form the Undergraduate Announcements:
"As a condition of graduation, students are required to pass a noncredit examination to determine their proficiency in the area. This examination is taken in the student's last full semester at the University."
The Exit Exam is an assessment for the student's prograss and the program's efectivness.
The Exam takes 90 min. and contains the following sections:
- Speaking (recording of a narration) 10 min.
- Listening (mutliple choice) 10 min.
- Grammar (multiple choice) 30 min.
- Reading (two readings) 10 min.
- Writing (short essay) 30 min.
The exam takes place before exams week. Make sure you contact the German Section or the Department of Languages in your last semester.