During the summer, we offer several courses in German. These courses are usually smaller, thus more attention can be given to speaking German in class and feedback outside of class. These classes are offered five days a week for 90 minutes each, providing students more with an "immersion" type of German experience.
Students should consider taking German in the summer for the following reasons:
- scheduling conflicts during the regular semester
- accelerated German experience
- early start for incoming freshmen or transfer students
- quick advance to the upper level
- preparation for study or internship abroad
- preparation for upper level classes
- additional attention to German is needed
- additional cultural immersion (through extra visual and audio material)
Summer courses are taught by regular Clemson faculty using the same textbooks and teaching approaches. Students earn the same number of credits as during the regular semester.
Ger 1010 (MTWThF) Elementary German I (4 credits) Summer I
Ger 1020 (MTWThF) Elementary German II (4 credits) Summer II
Ger 2010 (MTWThF) Intermediate German I (3 credits) Summer I
Ger 2010 (MTWThF) Intermediate German I (3 credits) Summer II
Ger 3100 CLIP: German immersion program (6 credits) in Aachen, Germany; schoalrships available; Summer I
All classes are offered depending on enrollment, so register early and contact the German Section (Johannes Schmidt) or the Department of Languages (656-3393)
with your questions.