Planning, Development and Preservation
2013 Thesis Prize*
Julianne Johnson received the Preservation Society of Charleston Thesis Prize for 2013 for her thesis The Financial Impact of Historic Preservation Easements on Encumbered Property Appreciation Rates in Charleston, SC
Students have based their thesis work in many locations, both near and far from our Charleston location. Use your mouse to navigate the map above, and click the thesis markers for descriptions and links.
Theses by year:
2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006
- Caglar Aydin - The Potential of Virtual Heritage Reconstruction in Ansonborough, Charleston, South Carolina
- Katherine Ferguson - The Making of a Movement: A Qualitative Content Analysis of the National Trust for Historic Preservation Magazine from 1949 to 2010
- Kelly Finnigan - Fort Drive: Reestablishing Its Significance within Washington, DC's Park System
- Lauren Golden - Unlocking Drayton Hall: A Survey and Analysis of Hardware at a Southern Plantation
- Elise Haremski - Little Houses, Big Expenses: A financial Study of Small House Museums in New England
- Elyse Harvey - Dendrochronology: A Status Report for the Eastern United States
- Brittany Lavelle - The Making of A Legacy: The Drayton Family Women and Their Influences on the Landscape of the Lowcountry and Eighteenth and Nineteenth-Century Charleston
- Rebecca Long - The Grassroots Preservation of Tiger Stadium, Detroit, Michigan
- Stefanie Marasco - "The Garden Spot of the Earth:" A Town History and a Historic Resource Survey of Reevesville, South Carolina
- Joseph Reynolds - One Small Step: An Analysis of the Framework Governing the Apollo Lunar Landing Sites
- Mariah Schwartz - The Evolving Philosophy of Climate Control Systems for Historic House Museums in Subtropical Climates: Recommendations for the Aiken-Rhett House, Charleston, South Carolina
- Syra Valiente - Slave Housing: In Search of Endangered Architecture
- David Weirick - Castle Pinckney: Past, Present, Future
- Jamie Wiedman - Ties That Bind: The Emergence of Iron Tie Rod Reinforcement in Load Bearing Masonry Buildings of Charleston, South Carolina
- Jamie Lynn Destefano. Three Dimensional Digital Modeling: Benefitting Growth Management and Decision-Making of Charleston's Upper Commercial Corridor.
- Natalie L. Ford. Paint Consolidation: Preserving the Integrity of Historic Painted Walls.
- Jason Christopher Grismore. Public Housing on Peninsular Charleston, South Carolina: A History of Subsidized Housing.
- William Preston Hamilton. A Conditions Assessment and Preservation Guidelines for Second Presbyterian Church's Graveyard, Charleston, South Carolina.
- Kimberly Cox Jones. The Influences Affecting Charleston's Ornamental Plasterwork and a Link to Its Makers 1820-1860.
- Hillary Nicole King. Building Preservation Plan Richmond Plantation Manor House, Cordesville, South Carolina.
- Helen B. Moore. Architectural Iron Preservation Using the Subcritical Fluid Treatment Method: A Case Study Using Drayton Hall's Archaeological Iron Collection
- Xana Peltola. Moving Historic Buildings: A Study of What Makes Good Preservation Practices When Dealing with Historically Significant Buildings and Structures.
- Julius Richardson. Early Houses of Williamsburg County.
- Meg C. Richardson. Demolition by Neglect: An Examination of Charleston's Ordinance.
- James M. Zwolak. Documentation and Interpretation in Hampstead Village, a Neighborhood on Charleston's East Side.
- Adrienne N. Jacobsen. Memory and the Evolution of Modern Performance Spaces: Preservation Approaches at Charleston's Memminger Auditorium and Riviera Theater.
- Angela R. Kleinschmidt. A Preservation Plan for North Charleston.
- Jennifer-Kristine M. Mortensen. The Furnishing and Finishing of Drayton Hall.
- Cameron Schwabenton. Remembering Randolph Hall: Reuniting the Interior with Its Monumental Past.
- Joshua A. Skinner. The Evolution of the Chimneystack and Its Importance in Charleston Architecture.
- Celeste E. Wiley. Making the Transition: Digital Archiving for Preservation.