Download Adobe Reader

Frequently Asked Questions

I have an idea for a funded project. How should I proceed?
Discuss your idea with colleagues to gain additional insight into your concept and identify potential collaborators who can contribute valuable expertise. The staff can help locate funding sources and assist you with the proposal development processes.

Where can I find information for my grant proposals, such as the University's DUNS number, Tax ID, etc?
Clemson University's standard proposal information is available from the Office of Sponsored Programs. Link: Standard Information

What are the current rates for the Graduate Assistant Differential?
The new GAD rates are based on a Tier system. To determine which Tier your graduate student belongs in, find the appropriate program on the Tier Detail List. If you have any questions or comments, please contact our office at

How does CAAH handle electronic submissions?
All electronic submissions are submitted by the CAAH Research Support Office. Please send your guidelines, proposal, and processing form to our office. CAAH Research Support will assist in preparing the application and submission of the proposal. 

How does CAAH handle internal submissions?
Internal submissions are proposals in response to an RFP that has been published internally to Clemson University. These opportunities are only open to investigators from within Clemson. As such, CAAH is not required to review them, but we will do so upon request. 

What is the relationship between CAAH and the Development Office? Does CAAH process gifts?
CAAH can coordinate with the Development Office in processing proposals to private sponsors (foundations, corporations, etc). If you have any question about whether your potential funding will be a gift or a grant, you may contact our office for assistance.

Do you have a question that needs to be addressed on the FAQ page? Contact us at