The mission of Clemson University Life Sciences Outreach Center (CULSOC) is to inspire and empower the scientist within each of us. To this end, we:
- Make science relevant and fun through hands-on labs, camps and activities for learners of all ages
- Engage the public through lectures and discussions of scientific issues
- Support classroom teachers through course offerings and lesson ideas
Our programs include:
- Interactive lab experiences in modern genetics and biotechnology for school and community groups
- Summer science camps
- Graduate courses for teachers
- Science on Tap, a monthly science café
- Science Saturdays, activities for the whole family
The Clemson University Life Sciences Outreach Center is sponsored by the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences at Clemson University.
Laboratory Field Trips for School Groups
Choose from several possible laboratories for your class. Each lab meets one or more SC state science standards.
Review laboratory field trip descriptions.
If you can't come to Clemson, CULSOC can bring a lab to you!
Science Camps and Summer Programming
- Summer Science Days I and II - rising 5th-7th graders
- DNA & Cells - The Building Blocks of Life - rising 7th-9th graders
- Biotechnology, Health and Society - rising 9th - 12th graders
Printable Science Camp Flyer
Bring YOUR academic summer camps and workshops to the Center for fun, hands-on laboratory experiences! All our great, single-day laboratory field trip experiences are available, or work with us to plan a more in-depth lab experience that can span several days. Contact Dr. Vicki Corbin to discuss alternate summer programming options for all ages.
Graduate Courses for In-Service Teachers
This summer we offer BIOL 7300: Biotechnology, Health and Society, a 3 credit graduate course - online June 22-26, on campus June 28 -July 2.
Review the full course description for Biotechnology, Health and Society.
Laboratory Field Trips - Chose a lecture & discussion session of current bio-technical issues, e.g., the human genome project, or a hands-on laboratory where you "play" with DNA.
Review community activity/laboratory field trip descriptions.
Science on Tap - A casual monthly forum where people come to learn about and discuss recent discoveries in science and technology while having fun! An expert gives an informal talk for 20 - 30 minutes, followed by Q & A and discussion.
You're invited! Check the schedule for this month's topic and join us at our Clemson or Greenville location!
Science on Tap - Clemson
Science on Tap - Greenville