Horticulture Internships HORT 271/471
Internship Guidelines and Deadlines
- The internship agreement form and other forms needed are linked to on the left.
- Specific internship opportunities are linked to on the left.
- The student should contact the potential employers directly to apply for internship opportunities. Different sources are available with organizations, faculty members, and former interns. A list of available internships is posted on the Horticulture website. If you are currently working or have worked for a company before, it is not acceptable to do an internship with that company; generally, the internship will not be approved.
- If the student has questions about their internship, he/she should meet with the internship advisor (Hort–-Dr. Ellen Vincent; Turfgrass–-Dr. Haibo Liu) to discuss the internship.
- It is the student’s responsibility to get all of the signatures on the Internship Agreement Form. The form must be signed by the student, employer, Advisor and School Director.
- You must complete all the information on the Internship Agreement Form, obtain all signatures, and return the form to your Internship Advisor. After they receives the form with all signatures, they will register you for the Internship. All agreement forms must be returned by May 15 for Summer internship experience. NO FORMS will be accepted after this date. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The syllabus (available among the forms to the left) contains all the information about the internship:
• employer and student responsibilities
• university responsibilities
• due dates for reports
• web summary
• internship grading system
- Two reports are required by the student. The report outlines will be posted on the website. The reports must be returned to your advisor: Horticulture Internship Advisor Dr. Ellen Vincent (firstname.lastname@example.org); Turfgrass Internship Advisor Dr. Haibo Liu (email@example.com) by the deadline. Due dates for the reports are:
• Report I–June 29
• Report II–August 1
- Two evaluations (mid-term and final) of the student should be completed by the employer. Evaluation forms will be sent to the employer by fax or e-mail and should be returned to your Internship Advisor by the deadline. Deadlines for evaluations are as follows:
• Mid-term–June 29
• Final–August 1