Fire and EMS

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)




How do I become a member of the department?

See Department Affiliation.


How can I obtain a copy of a Fire Report?

See Public Information and Records.


How can I pay my Ambulance Invoice?

Ambulance Invoices should be paid at:

PO Box 1410
Pickens, SC 29671-1410

Phone: (864) 306-0966.


Is there a charge if I call Fire and Emergency Medical Services for help?

See Emergency Medical Services.


Can I visit or tour the Fire Station for a Fire Prevention program?

Tours, visits, and education programs at Fire and Emergency Medical Services can be arranged by contacting the department at (864) 656-2242 or


Clemson University contracts with an third-party vendor to service and maintain fire extinguishers in campus buildings. all official extinguishers are inspected and serviced according to a schedule in order to meet International fire and building codes. In the event that a fire extinguisher needs attention in addition to the routine service schedule, please report this issue to University Facilities 864-656-2186. To report a damaged or missing fire extinguisher also contact University Facilities at 864-656-2186. 

If the Fire Extinguisher is located in a residence hall, contact University Housing at 864-656-2295.

Hazard Report

If you discover a hazardous condition or fire safety issue that needs attention immediately, please notify the University emergency dispatch center by calling 911 or 864-656-2222. If the situation or condition is not an emergency it is still important to us and should be reported for investigation and follow-up as soon as possible. 

If you wish to report a hazard but want to remain anonymous, you may click on the link below: 


Would your school or organization like a visit from the CUFD Fire Chief or a tour of the station? Please contact the Fire Department at 864-656-2242.