Mission and Goals
Mission / Vision Statement
Clemson University Fire & Emergency Medical Services is dedicated to protect life, property, and the environment through rapid efficient emergency response, proactive code enforcement, modern fire prevention methods, and progressive public education on fire and life safety issues
- Protect and save lives
- Protect and save property
- Extinguish the fire and mitigate the situation
- Serve and satisfy the customer
- Provide timely responses to requests for fire and emergency medical services responses.
- Mutual aid agreements will be maintained with surrounding jurisdictions for fire and emergency medical services operations.
- Provide a safe campus environment.
- Minimize the frequency and severity of accidental fires through progressive fire prevention activities and education programs.
Programs & Services
- Fire & EMS Emergency Response
- Technical Rescue and Specialty Response Teams
- Fire Prevention & Education
- Response Staff Training
- Occupancy Preplanning
- Preconstruction & Renovation Plan Review
- Campus Occupancy Fire & Life Inspection
- University Off-Campus Occupancy Fire & Life Safety Inspection
- Emergency Preparedness and Planning
- Administration Support and Procurement
- Employee and Systems Regulatory Compliance