- Our mission is to create a culture and/or environment that fosters health/wellness, safety and sustainability and enables our campus community members to achieve, learn and serve. We will achieve this by providing exemplary
- leadership and advocacy for public health policies and structures intended to improve health;
- engaged learning activities - creative inquiry teams, internships, class projects;
- partnerships and networks of collaborators to achieve Healthy Campus objectives;
- population-level interventions.
Our campus will be a national model of health/wellness, safety and sustainability. Students, faculty and staff will experience a way of life at Clemson University that will contribute to their lifelong health and well-being.
- We believe faculty, staff and student experiences at Clemson University should contribute significantly to lifelong health and well-being.
- We believe in equity and social responsibility.
- We believe in taking care of our environment in a way that will meet our needs without sacrificing the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
Logo Design Rationale
The Healthy Campus Bird represents the soaring, limitless options of aspiring. The wings of the Healthy Campus Bird are made from leaves to represent growth and awareness. The tail feathers are separated to denote energy, excitement of what's ahead and also rainfall to replenish/restore.