For International Services to best assist you, if you are travelling internationally, we highly recommend completing the Travel Information e-form in found on the iStart portal (located under the International Office tab). By completing this form, our office will be aware that you are travelling outside the U.S. and can assist you if it becomes necessary.
Due to the global impact of CoVid-19 (Coronavirus), International Services advises all international students to remain in the U.S. during spring break and summer break. If you choose to travel outside the U.S., you must understand the current and potential future consequences of your travel:
- If you travel outside the U.S., no matter your destination, you are required to contact Redfern Health Center immediately upon your return to the U.S. Their number is 864-656-2233.
- If you travel to a country, or transit through a country, that the CDC has designated Watch Level 2 or Level 3 on their website, you are required to check in with Redfern Health Center immediately upon your return to the U.S. AND it is mandated that you self-isolate and do not return to any Clemson campus or property before the required period of 14 days has passed.
- It is highly possible that the U.S. government could enact travel bans, like the one currently in effect for China and Iran, which could significantly delay your return to Clemson and disrupt your ability to complete your spring courses or begin your fall courses.
- The possibility of increased health screenings upon entering/exiting other countries or upon re-entering the U.S.;
- If applying to renew a visa abroad, delays in visa processing times or U.S. Embassy/Consulate closures due to COVID-19.
- Possible disruptions in the continuity of your academic program.
- As we don’t know what the future holds, if you do have plans to, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance in case of trip cancellation.
- Since this is a rapidly evolving situation that could very quickly impact new parts of the world, it is very important that, if you choose to travel, you understand the obstacles that could affect your return to the U.S.
International Services is here to support you, so please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
U.S. Department of State China Travel Advisory
U.S. Department of Homeland Security Supplemental Instructions for Inbound Flights from China
World Health Organization - Coronavirus
Center for Disease Control and Prevention: 2019 Novel Coronavirus
Inside Clemson: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) PreparednessClemson Student Health Services: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Update