The Traffic Education Program (TEP) offers an alternative to sentencing for persons who commit traffic-related offenses that are punishable only by a fine and loss of four points or less. The program will educate the driver while giving the opportunity to have eligible tickets dismissed, therefore maintaining a good driving record.
To qualify for the program you must:
• Have a ticket that carries 4 points or less.
• Have not participated previously in the TEP program.
• Have no substantial points against your driving record.
• Prior PTI or AEP clients are eligible.
To apply to the program you must:
• Appear at the Solicitor’s Diversion Programs Office Monday-Friday between 9:00-12:00 or 2:00-4:00
• Provide a valid driver’s license, learner’s permit or picture identification
• Provide a social security card or a printout from the social security office
• Provide a copy of the ticket
• If defendant has an out-of-state drivers license he/she must bring a copy of their current driving record
To successfully complete the program, you will be required to:
• Attend orientation as scheduled by the TEP case manager.
• Pay a non-refundable fee of $280.00.
• Complete four (4) hours of community service work for a non-profit agency.
• Complete a four (4) hour defensive driving class (Cost $35).
• Cannot receive any traffic violation for a 6 month period following the issuance of the ticket for which you have entered TEP.
The program requirements must be completed within 30 days. However, the case will remain open for 6 months from the date of citation for monitoring of driving record.
Your case will be closed and returned to the referring Court for prosecution.
The Court will be notified to dismiss the ticket(s). You will be eligible to apply to the Solicitor’s Office for an expungement of the ticket(s) from your driving record.
Thirteenth Judicial Circuit
Solicitor’s Office Diversion Programs
Traffic Education Program (TEP)
W. Walter Wilkins, Solicitor
113 Court Street
Pickens, South Carolina 29671