Attendees: Carol Usher, Matt Bundrick, Dave Sharpe, Terri Vaughan, Meghan Boyle, Crystal Boyles, Walker Massey, Elizabeth Anderson, Teresa Morgan, Peter Togel, Anne McKenzie, Sandi Piazza, Carmen Bradley, Donna Bowen.
1. Cascade upgrade to 5.7.3 was successfully implemented.
2. Terri Vaughan is now doing all Cascade training for user with the exception of PSA users.
3. Cascade Forum is working well and has been modified to allow easy access for all Web site developers. Additional resources from Webmaster have been added. Everyone at the meeting agreed a log in was not required. See: http://www.clemson.edu/ows/forum.
4. Dead redirects. A growing number of abandoned redirects needs to be addressed. OWS and CCIT are working to clean up the list.
5. OWS is working with individual groups to delete all files on the “live” and “back up” servers, then republishing live sites to eliminate orphan files and to conserve space on servers. OWS will begin this process with the sites we maintain and will contact other RUOs as clean up progresses.
6. CCIT is moving to its own instance of Cascade, expected the second week in February.
7. Request for temp folder on server to allow users to upload documents, for example, it will allow someone to attach a document when submitting a form. These documents would expect to be moved immediately and would not remain on the main server. Research, discussion and specific examples are being complied to see if this is feasible. If you have a need for this service, please send specifics to Carol Usher (email@example.com).
8. Al Littlejohn’s group had a request for stock video clips of campus, students and buildings. These are not available. The interest in providing video content on the Web continues to grow. CCIT’s recommendations for an enterprise level system and storage are not being funded at this time.
Monday, February 16, 2009, at a new time, 10 a.m. in the Alumni Center Conference Room.