Web Leadership Team Meeting Minutes
October 22, 2007
Alumni Conference Room
Carol Usher, Dave Dryden, Matt Bundrick, Dave Sharpe, Terri Vaughan, Carrie DuPre, Chris Jones, Jamie Brown, Sandi Piazza, John Gouch, Debbie Dalhouse, Tenneil Moody, Walker Massey, Gordan Cochran, Pam Draper, Elizabeth Anderson, Gary Malstrom and Joel Greenstein
WLT Mission Statement
There were no comments from those in attendance. To be sure everyone has an opportunity to comment, we will keep this discussion open until the next meeting. If there are no major outstanding issues at that time, we will endorse this statement and include it on the OWS Web site.
• It was determined that email remains the best method for communicating.
• Request was made for notification of template changes, including a concise list of changes being considered and changes made, with at least 24 hours notice before changes are made.
• Suggestion was made for RSS feed of changes.
• Suggestion was made for listserv for WLT.
• To communicate with OWS, email web_services-L@clemson.edu, and Carol Usher will either respond or have someone else respond.
• To report non-content problems (servers, access, etc.), contact Sandi Piazza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Web Sites
• To be sure everyone has an opportunity to comment, we will keep this discussion open until the next meeting. If there are no major outstanding issues at that time, we will endorse this statement and include it on the OWS Web site.
• Flexibility was requested; for example the Libraries has its own A-Z index and search tool. OWS is considering modification to the header and footer bar and will share these before the next meeting.
• The issue of .org sites for situations in which Clemson serves as a lead agency was discussed. A .org site can be purchased with the registry redirected to Clemson.
• For multi-institution collaborations in which Clemson provides the Web resources, sites need to meet the minimum Clemson Web site requirements.
• Suggestion was made to test the site with a screen reader from Disability Services.
Tharon Howard and OWS are working with students to conduct Usability Testing on the Prospective Student and Corporate Partner gateways. Contact Carol Usher for more information or to attend a meeting with the students performing the testing. The final results will be shared with the WLT.
• Regulations for video are still needed. Elizabeth Anderson will prepare a draft of policies. John Gouch will continue communications with Renee Roux about transcription laws.
• The off-campus emergency page, to be housed in Charleston, will be ready by the end of this week.
• Walker Massey and Peter Togel presented Cascade to the areas within PSA with warm reception.
• PSA’s e-commerce mall is on a development server and should be live in early 2008.
• PEAR has been installed on the development server. OWS is working on a calendar feature to meet the needs of PSA.
• Now that the templates and style sheets in Cascade are complete, OWS is changing its focus to gateway pages. Members of this team are invited to be a part of the development teams being formed for the Prospective Students, Current Students and Research gateways.
November 19 at 2:00 p.m.
To add an item to the meeting agenda, email Carol Usher at email@example.com
Please send additions or corrections to the minutes to Carol Usher at firstname.lastname@example.org