Parking and Traffic Regulations
27-3001 Parking Permits
27-3001.1: Parking Services Department
The Parking Services Department is responsible for issuing vehicle parking permits, receiving parking citation payments, and maintaining records of parking permits and parking citations issued to violators of the Clemson University Parking Regulations. The department serves as liaison to the Clemson Area Transit system, and provides for the maintenance and designation of campus parking facilities.
27-3001.2: Motor Vehicles Required to Display A Parking Permit
- All persons who park or let stand a vehicle on campus must immediately obtain and display a valid parking permit. If the offices of Parking Services are closed, a temporary permit may be obtained at the University Police Station.
- Visitors must display a valid guest parking permit to park on campus except when parked:
- In areas designated as public parking for a special event.
- In undesignated timed spaces.
- Vehicles owned or leased by, or under the control of, University departments, that are identified with the approved University vehicle identification permanently affixed to the exterior of the vehicle, shall be exempt from the requirement to display a parking permit.
- Permits, decals, hang tags, and/or placards must be clearly displayed in accordance with instructions provided by the Department of Parking Services. Any alteration of a permit, decal, hang tag, or placard shall render it invalid.
- Students may register any vehicle except a vehicle which belongs to another student.
27-3001.3: Accessible Parking for Persons with Disabilities
Vehicles parked in spaces reserved for individuals with disabilities are required to prominently display a valid disability access parking placard or license plate, issued by a State Highway Department. In addition to spaces specifically reserved for disability access, any vehicle displaying a valid disability access permit may park in an employee, student, or timed parking space. Disability Permits may NOT park in 24 hour Employee or Service Vehicle Spaces. Persons with temporary impairments may obtain a time-limited disability access parking permit from the office of Parking Services by providing a written statement from a physician stating that accessible parking is required. The physician's statement must state the length of time for the permit (days, weeks, or months) and the type of parking (employee or handicapped spaces). A current University decal or parking permit is required in addition to a disability access parking placard when parked in accessible parking spaces.
27-3001.4: Disabled Motor Vehicle Parking
Persons who must park in an unauthorized parking area due to a mechanical failure, may obtain temporary permission from the University Police Department. Permission will not be granted, or will be rescinded, if the motor vehicle is parked in a manner which obstructs a fire lane, impedes vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or is parked in any other unsafe manner.
27-3001.5: Parking Permit Fees
Parking permit fees will be charged according to a schedule of fees determined by the Board of Trustees or its designees.
27-3001.6: Removal of Decals/Permits
- All unexpired parking permits/decals remain the property of Clemson University.
- Any person to whom a decal has been issued shall remove the decal from the motor vehicle when the vehicle has been sold or traded, when the status of such person changes or terminates, or when the person has been lawfully denied parking privileges on campus.
27-3001.7: Loading Zones
- Service vehicles and delivery vehicles may park in loading zones for two hours. Other vehicles must display a loading permit prior to parking in a loading zone.
- Persons who wish to park near a University building to load or unload a motor vehicle may obtain temporary permission from the University Police Department. Permission will not be granted, or will be rescinded, if the motor vehicle is parked in a manner which obstructs a fire lane, impedes vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or is parked in any other unsafe manner.