Student Disability Services
Disability-related housing accommodations are to be requested through our office.
- Students with disabilities must follow the established Housing Office sign-up procedures.
- Students with disabilities requesting housing accommodations must begin the process by submitting the request to the Office of Student Disability Services.
- Students must provide documentation from an appropriate professional indicating diagnosis and the need for housing accommodations. This must include:
- Clearly stated diagnosis, ruling out alternative explanations and diagnoses
- Defined levels of functioning and any limitations
- Current treatment and medication
- Current letter/report (within one year), typed, dated and signed on letterhead
- Documentation must be updated annually from an appropriately licensed professional.
- It is the responsibility of the student to notify Student Disability Services each semester that accommodations are needed (prior to signing up for housing).