Online Photo Submission Information
When submitting your own photos, please make sure your photo meets these guidelines:
- It is a recent color photo
- It is a clear, good-quality photograph
- It should not include hats, sunglasses or any other article that may obstruct the face or hair
- It has a plain, solid white or off-white background (NO patterns, textures, or scenic backgrounds)
- Centered, full face view with a neutral facial expression or a natural smile
Below are examples of photos that will be approved.
Photos including any of the following will not be allowed:
- Someone other than yourself, (animal, baby, parents, inanimate object)
- Sunglasses or hats
- Tilted heads, selfies, and glamour shots
- Comical photos or photos with gestures
- Backgrounds that are not plain/solid white
- Group photos
- Low-quality or dark images
Photo submission Requirements:
Your photo MUST meet the following criteria:
- A recent photo of yourself only
- Saved in .jpg format only
- Picture must be between 400 x 400 pixels and 4000 x 4000 pixels
- Color photo only
- Background must be plain white background (i.e white wall, white poster board or white screen. No patterns, textures, or scenic backgrounds)
- Face straight ahead, No head tilts
- Center your face and shoulders within photo frame
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone
- No hats, sunglasses, glare on glasses, red eye, shadows, blurry or debutante/glamour photos
- No other visible people or objects
- Not too dark, bright, close or distant
- Social media profile photos should not be submitted
Your photo can only be submitted online by using the steps below:
- Access your TigerOne account at http://t1online.clemson.edu and log in with your Clemson Username and Password
- Select “Photos” on the top panel
- Follow the instructions to upload your photo
- You will be notified via email within two business days if your photo was accepted or rejected. *If you do not receive your email in your inbox be sure to check your spam or ProofPoint
- You can also check your status at aforementioned web address
- If you have a problem submitting a photo cropped from a larger photo, you may need to retake your photo in a smaller size or use a different photo editing tool.
- If you are having background issues, make sure you are using a plain, solid white wall. Doors or walls with paneling will not be accepted. Try using poster boards as a background option.
- If you have a problem submitting a photo from one browser, try closing it out and opening it up again, or using a different browser.
- Glare on glasses can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of your head or by turning off the camera flash.
- Shadows in the background can be reduced or removed by positioning a backlight below you pointing upward and by minimizing the distance between you and the background.
- Shadows on your face can be reduced by minimizing overhead lighting and making sure the lights on either side of you are of equal intensity.
- High contrast can be avoided by using even lighting and appropriate camera settings. Use balanced lighting to minimize shadows on the face or under the chin.
- Photos are also affected by the type of light used. Avoid mixing incandescent and fluorescent lighting. The color balance selected on the camera should match the illumination.
- Exposure problems can be avoided by using the recommended light arrangement and diffusing the light sources. Overexposure occurs when the film or camera sensor receives too much light, which results in a loss of resolution or fine detail in highlights and more graininess. Underexposure occurs when the film or camera sensor receives too little light, which results in loss of detail in shadows.
- Photos taken with a cell phone may require better lighting.
DO NOT email or send your photo to the TigerOne Card Services office. Do not submit more than one photo. Submit only the photo you wish to appear on your official University ID. Do not resubmit another photo after one has been accepted.
Clemson University’s TigerOne Card Services reserves the right to refuse any photos that do not meet our requirements. Failure to adhere to photo submission guidelines is subject to appropriate University action as deemed necessary.
Any inappropriate photo will be reviewed by the Office of Community and Ethical Standards and/or Human Resources.
* Important: Please remember to bring your valid government issued photo identification card to obtain your new Clemson University ID card. (Either U.S. Driver’s License issued by DMV, Security/ U.S. Green Card, Passport book or U.S. Military ID Card. Note: Driver’s License’s stamped “void” and Passport cards are unable to be accepted per Homeland Security.)