Terms and Conditions
The TigerOne Card is the official Clemson University ID card; hereinafter the “Card”. The individual identified on the Card is the “cardholder”. A cardholder may additionally choose to open an optional TigerStripe account; herein referred to as “Account”. The Account will be administered by the TigerOne Card Services Office, a division of Student Affairs of Clemson University located at 111 Hendrix Student Center. By using the TigerOne Card, the cardholder agrees to be bound by all of the TigerOne terms and conditions outlined below:
I. General Terms
- The Card is the official Clemson University ID card.
- The Card is the property of Clemson University.
- The Card is non-transferable and may not be altered in any way.
- The Card should be in the cardholder’s possession at all times and presented upon request to any University Official.
- The Card may be confiscated from cardholder as a result of inappropriate or illegal use.
- The Card provides access to certain facilities, programs and services offered at Clemson University. For more information click here.
II. Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards
- A lost, stolen or unauthorized Card must be reported immediately in person at the TigerOne Card Services office; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone at (864) 656-0763; or online through the Online TigerOne Card Office.
- A charge of $30.00 will be imposed for lost replacement cards. A charge of $20.00 will be imposed for cards that are damaged or stolen when you bring in a police report listing your ID card as stolen.
- No charge will be imposed for a card that breaks due to normal usage or for a card in which the prox or smart chip no longer work for opening doors, so long as there is no visible damage to your card. It will be up to the discretion of the TigerOne Card Services office and its management if a fee is assessed.
Once a new card is made, previous cards cannot be re-activated nor will a fee be refunded. The rate(s) listed in this paragraph are subject to change.
III. TigerStripe Account
- The TigerStripe Account is optional and it is a record of pre-deposited funds accessed by the cardholder for the purchase of products and services. There is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and debited; however, no debits or charges shall exceed the amount of deposited funds. No interest shall be paid on any balance in the TigerStripe account.
- The cardholder must present his/her Card at the time of use in order to purchase products and/or services.
- The cardholder understands and agrees that the TigerStripe Account shall not be used as a credit card; to obtain cash advances; or to purchase any gift cards.
- The cardholder understands and agrees that the TigerStripe Account is non-transferable.
- The TigerStripe Account will be activated automatically upon receipt by the TigerOne Card Services office of an initial deposit. Deposits may be made as follows: (1) online at the Online TigerOne Card office found at clemson.edu/tigerone or t1online.clemson.edu; (2) in person at the TigerOne Card Services office with cash, check, money order, traveler’s check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express; (3) by mail with a check or money order only; or (4) by telephone at (864) 656-0763 with a credit card only. After initial activation, additional deposits may be made at any time in the aforementioned manner.
- The TigerStripe Account cannot be used to pay tuition and fees; please see clemson.edu/cfo/student_financials
- The TigerStripe Account can only be used at participating off-campus businesses and on-campus locations. For a list of participating merchants, please click here.
Transactions: There are no charges assessed to the cardholder for any TigerStripe Account transactions.
Returned Items: A $30 returned check fee will be charged for all returned checks. A check or credit card given in payment of University expenses that is returned unpaid by the bank creates indebtedness to the University. Student Financial Services administers matters relating to the collection of all returned items for students and non-students. Any returned item creates indebtedness to the University and may affect enrollment.
See Lost, Stolen or Damaged cards for related fees.
V. Cardholder Liability
The cardholder is responsible for all charges made to the card; even if the card or account number is lost or stolen. Therefore, it is important to notify TigerOne Card Services immediately upon discovering loss or theft. Clemson University is not responsible for any loss or expense caused by loss, theft, or misuse of the TigerOne Card or the TigerStripe Account.
VI. Refunds and Returns
Merchandise may be accepted for return in accordance with the refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the product(s) and service(s). Any refund(s) accepted by the place of purchase shall be credited to the cardholder’s TigerStripe Account. No cash refunds will be made for any purchase made with the TigerOne Card.
VII. Receipts and Statements
If the point-of-sale terminal is equipped to provide receipt, the cardholder will receive a receipt in accordance with the merchant’s policy; it is the cardholders’ responsibility to ensure that the amount charged by the merchant and the receipt are correct. A TigerStripe Account activity statement is available online at the TigerOne Online Card Office at any time. In addition, a monthly online TigerStripe account activity statement will be available to the cardholder. The cardholder will be notified via e-mail when the statement is ready.
VIII. Account Closure
- The TigerStripe Account will be closed if the cardholder ceases to be a student, employee, or affiliate of Clemson University. For a student, the TigerStipe account will be closed and any remaining balance will be refunded only after completing the necessary form found at clemson.edu/tigerone or in person at the TigerOne Card Services office. An employee may close the TigerStripe Account only upon termination of employment at Clemson University by completing the necessary form at the TigerOne Card Services office.
Note: An employee can discontinue adding funds to his/her TigerStripe Account via Payroll Deduction at any time by contacting the TigerOne Card Services office. Termination of payroll deduction will take effect on the next available payroll cycle from date of request.
- No refunds will be issued for TigerStripe Account balances of $50.00 or less. Clemson University will mail a check in the amount of the remaining balance to the cardholder at the permanent address on record with the University. The University Bursar's Office reserves the right to use this refund to offset any outstanding University balance on your account. Please allow approximately four to six weeks for any refund to be processed.
- TigerStripe Account funds left on the TigerOne Card with more than eighteen (18) months of no activity are considered inactive and will be credited to a Clemson University General Scholarship fund.
IX. Error Resolution
- Cardholders are responsible for verifying the accuracy of charges by merchants and receipts of charges. If there is an error on a receipt, the cardholder should contact the place of purchase where the incident occurred. Clemson University does not handle merchant refunds.
- If the cardholder would like more information about a specific transaction found on the TigerStripe Account activity statement, the cardholder may contact the TigerOne Card Services office by telephone at (864) 656-0763.
- All requests pertaining to errors must be in writing.
- When making a request for an adjustment to a TigerStripe Account, the cardholder must provide the following information: (1) the cardholder’s name and the identification number on front of card; (2) a description of the transaction in question and explanation of discrepancy; and (3) the dollar amount of the transaction in question.
- The TigerOne Card Services office will investigate the cardholder’s request and provide a written decision to the cardholder within ten (10) business days. If an error is found, the TigerOne Card Services office will make the necessary adjustments to the cardholder’s TigerStripe account. If no error is found, the TigerOne Card Services office will provide the cardholder with a written explanation. The cardholder may request copies of the document(s) used to conduct the investigation.
The TigerOne Card Services office will keep Account specific information confidential to the extent permitted by law. Account specific information will only be disclosed to third parties (a) where it is necessary for completing transactions, (b) in order to comply with subpoena or court order, (c) if you give your written permission, or d) if it is otherwise required under state or federal law. If you request the release of information to a third party, the release will expire when the card is no longer valid, or at your written request - whichever comes first.
ID PHOTOS: TigerOne photos can be used for official University business and may be subject to disclosure to third parties under applicable state and/or federal laws.
XI. Changes in Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of the TigerOne Card are effective upon receipt of the card and remain binding until the cardholder is no longer affiliated with Clemson University. If any changes are made to the terms and conditions, the TigerOne Card Services office shall provide the cardholder with notice of changes at least thirty (30) days in advance of the effective date. Prior notice need not be given where immediate change in terms and conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of the TigerStripe Account.
XII. Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina.