Terms and Conditions
The TigerOne Card is the official Clemson University ID card; hereinafter referred to as the “Card”. The individual identified on the Card is the “Cardholder”. A Cardholder may additionally choose to open an optional TigerStripe declining balance account; hereinafter referred to as the “Account”.
The Card and Account are administered by TigerOne Card Services, hereinafter referred to as “TigerOne”, a unit within the division of Student Affairs at Clemson University. The mechanism for accessing the Account shall be the Card. By using the Card, the Cardholder agrees to be bound by all of the terms and conditions outlined below:
I. General Terms
- The Card is the official Clemson University ID card and the property of Clemson University.
- The Card is non-transferable and may not be altered in any way.
- The Card should be in the Cardholder’s possession at all times and presented upon request to any University Official.
- The Card may be confiscated from a cardholder as a result of inappropriate or illegal use.
- The Card provides access to facilities, programs and services offered at Clemson University.
II. ID Photo
- Photos are taken in the TigerOne Card office located in 111 Hendrix Student Center or can be submitted on the web at https://t1online.clemson.edu.
- Your photo is maintained by the University and is considered “directory information” and not confidential under FERPA.
- Your photo is considered part of your official record at the University and may be shared with other Clemson University personnel and systems for official University business.
- Your photo may be subject to disclosure to third parties under applicable state and/or federal laws.
- TigerOne reserves the right to refuse to accept a photo that does not meet Photo Submission Guidelines.
III. TigerStripe Account
- The Account is an optional declining balance account and is a record of pre-deposited funds accessed by the Cardholder for the purchase of products and services.
- There is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and debited; however, no debits or charges shall exceed the amount of deposited funds. No interest shall be paid on any balance in the Account.
- The Cardholder must present his/her Card at the time of use in order to purchase products and/or services.
- The Cardholder understands and agrees that the Account shall not be used as a credit card; to obtain cash advances; or to purchase any gift cards; and is subject to other restrictions.
- The Cardholder understands and agrees that the Account is non-transferable.
- The Account will be opened at the time of an initial deposit. Deposits may be made as follows:
- Students can elect to have funds deposited in their Account via the Optional Fees in iROAR. Deposits are processed at the beginning of each semester after all fees have been paid;
- Employees can elect to have funds deposited into their Account via Payroll Deduction;
- On the web at https://t1online.clemson.edu. Guest deposits cannot be made as an initial deposit;
- In person at the TigerOne office with cash, check, money order, traveler's check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express;
- At Value Port Stations located at multiple locations across campus with cash. Value Port deposits cannot be made as an initial deposit; and
- By mail with a check or money order only.
- The Account cannot be used to pay tuition and fees.
- In addition to on campus locations, the Account can only be used at participating off-campus merchants. Purchases of alcohol, tobacco, and gift cards are prohibited and other limitations may apply.
IV. Lost, Stolen, Damaged, and Updated Cards
- A lost or stolen Card must be reported immediately as follows:
- On the web at https://t1online.clemson.edu;
- E-mail at email@example.com;
- In person at the TigerOne office; or
- By telephone at (864) 656-0763.
- A charge will be imposed for lost, stolen, damaged and updated replacement cards. See the Fees section for associated charges.
- No charge will be imposed for a Card that is not functioning properly due to normal wear and tear or deemed defective.
- Once a new Card is made, previous Cards cannot be re-activated nor will a fee be refunded.
V. Cardholder Liability
- The Cardholder is responsible for all charges made with the card; even if the card or account number is lost or stolen. Therefore, it is important to notify TigerOne immediately upon discovering loss or theft to limit potential loss of funds.
- Clemson University is not responsible for any loss or expense caused by loss, theft, or misuse of the Card or the Account.
- Misuse of the Card or Account will be reported to the Office of Community and Ethical Standards and is subject to disciplinary action by the university.
VI. Refunds, Returns, and Error Resolution
- Merchandise may be accepted for return in accordance with the refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the product(s) and service(s). Any refund(s) accepted by the place of purchase shall be credited to the Cardholder’s Account. No cash refunds will be made for any purchase made with the Card.
- Cardholders are responsible for verifying the accuracy of charges by merchants and receipts of charges. If there is an error on a receipt, the Cardholder should contact the place of purchase where the incident occurred. Clemson University does not handle merchant refunds.
- If the Cardholder would like more information about a specific transaction found on the TigerStripe Account activity statement, the Cardholder may contact TigerOne.
- When making a request for an adjustment to an Account, the Cardholder must provide the following information:
- The Cardholder's name and the identification number of front of Card;
- A description of the transaction in question and explaination of discrepency; and
- The dollar amount of the transaction in question.
- TigerOne will investigate the Cardholder’s request and provide a written decision to the cardholder within ten (10) business days. If an error is found, TigerOne will make the necessary adjustments to the Cardholder’s Account. If no error is found, TigerOne will provide the Cardholder with a written explanation. The Cardholder may request copies of the document(s) used to conduct the investigation.
VII. Receipts and Statements
- If the point-of-sale terminal is equipped to provide receipt, the Cardholder will receive a receipt in accordance with the merchant’s policy; it is the Cardholders’ responsibility to ensure that the amount charged by the merchant and the receipt are correct.
- An Account activity statement is available on the web at https://t1online.clemson.edu. The Cardholder will be notified via the elected notification method when the statement is ready at the beginning of each month.
VIII. Account Closure
- The Account can be closed when the cardholder is no longer a student, employee, or affiliate of Clemson University.
- Any remaining balance will be refunded after the Cardholder completes the TigerOne Account Closure form found on the web at http://clemson.edu/tigerone.
- For students, the Account can only be closed upon officially withdrawing, transferring or graduating from the university. Any remainging balance will be applied to the student account.
- For employees and affiliates, the Account can be closed upon no longer being employed or affiliated with the university. Any remaining balance will be refunded either by direct deposit or check.
- Accounts having no activity for more than eighteen (18) months are considered inactive and any remaining funds will be subject to the Inactive Account Closure fee and any remaining funds will forfeited to a university account.
- TigerOne Fees are as follows:
|Lost, Stolen, Damaged, or Updated ID Card
|Affiliate or Retiree ID Card
|Returned Item Fee
|Card Processing & Handling
|Inactive Account Closure Fee
- A check or credit card given in payment of University expenses that is returned unpaid by the bank or is disputed creates indebtedness to the University. TigerOne will re-present returned items for payment of fees.
- If a payment is returned or dishonored for any reason, the student's iROAR account will be charged for the amount of the payment plus a $30 returned item fee.
X. Account Information Disclosure
- TigerOne will keep Account specific information confidential to the extent permitted by law.
- Account specific information will only be disclosed to third parties (a) where it is necessary for completing transactions, (b) in order to comply with subpoena or court order, (c) if you give your written permission, or d) if it is otherwise required under state or federal law.
- If you request the release of information to a third party, the release will expire when the card is no longer valid, or at your written request - whichever comes first.
XI. Changes in Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions of the Card are effective upon receipt of the card and remain binding until the Cardholder is no longer affiliated with Clemson University.
- If any changes are made to the terms and conditions, TigerOne shall provide the Cardholder with notice of changes at least thirty (30) days in advance of the effective date.
- Prior notice need not be given where immediate change in terms and conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of the Account.
XII. Governing Law
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina.