Information for Community Partners
Local non-profit agencies are invited to apply to become Community Partners with Clemson in order to have their volunteer needs posted. To apply for partnership please download, complete and return the Community Partners Application form. You will be emailed instructions on how to create your online profile.
Existing community partners can update their contact information and volunteer opportunities and add one-time volunteer needs by logging in to the Update Your Profile page. Click for INSTRUCTIONS for updating your existing profile.
The annual Clemson Volunteer Fair is held each fall in conjunction with Tiger Prowl - the student organizations and involvement fair. This year's fair will be held Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 2-5 p.m. on Bowman Field. Registration is closed, so check back with us next year for the 2014 Volunteer Fair!
From time to time we invite community partners to campus to learn more about college volunteers, Clemson resources, and other relevant topics. You can view the presentations from past workshops here:
2010 Fall Community Partner Workshop: information on college student volunteers, social media, and Clemson resources
2007 Volunteer Fair Agency Breakfast: Millennial Volunteers
We ask our community partners to report information on the Clemson students who volunteer with them. Please download and return the Hours Tracking Form once per semester. Feel free to add additional sheets as needed. Thank you for this helpful information!
About our Students
As you think about recruiting and working with Clemson student volunteers, please keep the following in mind:
- Most students have very full schedules which can limit the amount of time they can commit to community service projects. In addition to their academic course load, many students are involved with co-curricular activities and hold jobs either on or off campus.
- Exam dates and school holidays will greatly impact a student's availability to volunteer with your organization. View the academic calendar.
- Many more students are available to volunteer during the Fall and Spring semesters than during Maymester or the two Summer Sessions.
- Transportation to and from service opportunities may be an issue for students. Please be sure to let the Community Service Office know if your site is accessible via the Clemson Area Transit (CAT) Bus.
- Students may not be experienced with the type of work your agency provides or the population you serve. You will need to provide an appropriate orientation and the necessary supervision to enable them to best meet your needs and have a valuable learning experience in the process.
- If you are interested in posting information on internships or part-time jobs that are available at your agency, please contact the Michelin® Career Center at 864-656-6000, or visit their web page.