Books & Articles
Leadership Learning Book Inventory
To utilize these books, please come by 707 University Union, Harvey & Lucinda Gantt Center for Student Life
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Colleges with a Conscience: 81 Great Schools with Outstanding Community Involvement by The Princeton Review
- The Courageous Follower: Standing Up To & For Our Leaders, 2nd Edition by Ira Chaleff
- Creating Campus Community: In Search of Ernest Boyer’s Legacy by William M. McDonald & Associates
- Developing Social Justice Allies by Robert D. Reason, Ellen M. Briodo, Tracy L. Davis, & Nancy J. Evans
- Finding Our Way: Leadership For an Uncertain Time by Margaret J. Wheatley
- Good Practice in Student Affairs: Principles to Foster Student Learning by Gregory S. Blimling, Elizabeth J. Whitt, & Associates
- The Hamster Revolution: Stop Info-Glut – Reclaim You Life! By Mike Song, Vicki Halsey, & Tim Burress
- How Did You Do It, Truett? By S. Truett Cathy
- Leaders: The Strategies for Taking Charge by Warren Bennis & Burt Nanus
- Leadership and the New Science: Discovering Order in a Chaotic World by Margaret J. Wheatley
- The Leadership Challenge, 4th Edition by Kouzes & Posner
- Leadership for a Better World: Understanding the Social Change Model of Leadership Development by Susan R. Komoves, Wendy Wagner, & Associates
- Leadership for the Twenty-first Century by Joseph Rost
- Leadership on the Line: Staying Alive through the Dangers of Leading by Ronald A. Heifetz & Marty Linksy
- Leadership: Theory & Practice (4th ed.) by Peter Northouse
- Leading in Complex Worlds, Edited by JoAnn Danelo Barbour, Gloria J. Burgess, Lena Lid Falkman, & Robert M. McManus
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? By Seth Godin
- The Little Book of Dialogue for Difficult Subjects: A Practical, Hands-On Guide by Lisa Schirch & David Campt
- Readings for Diversity and Social Justice, 2nd Edition; Edited by Maurianna Adams, Warren J. Blumenfield, Carmelita (Rose) Castaneda, Heather W. Hackman, Madeline L. Peters, & Ximena Zuniga
- The Shame of the Nation: The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling in American by Jonathan Kozol
- The Social Change Model of Leadership Development Guidebook Version III, Higher Education Research Institute, University of California, Las Angeles
- Squirrel Inc. A Fable of Leadership Through Storytelling by Stephen Denning
- Start Something That Matters by Black Mycoskie
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- Walking with the Wind: A Memoir of the Movement by John Lewis with Michael D’orso
- Why Leaders Can’t Lead: The Unconscious Conspiracy Continues by Warren Bennis
- Wisdom from the Ancients by Thomas J. Figueira, T. Corey Brennan, & Rachel Hall Sternberg
- Working Toward Excellence: 8 Values for Achieving Uncommon Success in Work and Life by Paul Buyer
- Leadership Identity Development (LID) Model - Komives, S. R., Owen Casper, J., Longerbeam, S. D., Mainella, F., & Osteen, L. (2004). Leadership identity development. Concepts & Connections, 12(3), 1-6.
- A Review of Leadership Theory and Competency Frameworks by Bolden, R., Gosling, J., Marturano, A. and Dennison, P.
- Voices of the Future: Leadership for the 21st Century by Penney, S. H.
- Mind the Gaps: What Limits the Impact of Leadership Education by Conger, J.
- Rethinking Leadership: A New Look at Old Leadership Questions by Ladkin, D.
You can refer to additional resources and information by accessing the Cooper Library at http://www.clemson.edu/library/