Air Force ROTC Detachment 770
"Flyin' Tigers" Mission
The Clemson AFROTC, detachment 770 is organized to mirror the active-duty wing structure and comprised of cadets at host and cross-town institutions. The functional organization strives to include similar positions found in active-duty wings.
Our mission is, “Recruit, Educate and Train Exceptional Leaders for Tomorrow’s Air Force.” The goals of our leadership labs are to:
- Provide first year cadets an informative and motivational program designed to recruit, retain, and familiarize each with the Air Force way of life and foster leadership, followership, teamwork, and esprit de corps.
- Provide needed mental and physical skills to each cadet scheduled to attend field training.
- Provide cadets returning from field training sufficient opportunities to demonstrate and develop the leadership and management skills needed to successfully function as an active duty officer.
- Provide cadets to be commissioned additional opportunities to demonstrate and develop the leadership and management skills needed to successfully function as an active-duty officer and to adequately prepare them to transition from the ROTC environment to active-duty.
All cadet wing activities will have the following focus for each AS class:
- Initial Military Training (IMT) – Cadets who are not part of the POC and are not scheduled to attend Field Training (AS100). Focus will be on customs and courtesies, uniform wear, introduction to the Air Force environment, career opportunities, drill & ceremonies, and followership.
- Field Training Prep (FTP) – Cadets scheduled to attend Field Training in the upcoming year (AS200). Focus will be on mastery of IMT material, basic leadership principles and ideas, and skills required for Field Training.
- Intermediate Cadet Leaders (ICL) – Cadets returning from Field Training (AS300). Focus will be on application of leadership principles, styles, and techniques, as well as honing management, communication, delegation, teaching, and officership skills.
- Senior Leaders (SCL) – Cadets scheduled to be commissioned in the upcoming year (AS400). Focus will be on application of senior leadership and management styles, techniques, and officership, as well as preparation for active-duty.
- Extended Leaders (ECL) - Cadets scheduled to be commissioned in the upcoming year (AS700/800/900) who have completed the AFROTC curriculum but need additional time to complete their academic degree, such as 5-year engineering program students. Focus will be on working professionally in the detachment on more Lieutenant-level jobs alongside the cadre.
If you need additional information or would like to speak with an AFROTC member click here.