College of Business and Behavioral Science
Internship Information for Employers
CBBS students are encouraged to do at least one internship during their Clemson academic experience.
Keys to Successful Internships
- Internships should be meaningful and productive both for the employer/organization and for the student.
- Projects that give the student some degree of independence will allow the student’s use of initiative.
- The intern’s immediate supervisor will have a significant impact on the success of the internship.
- Developing a short job description will enhance the internship’s success.
- Paid internships are typically paid at a commensurate rate that a full-time employee of similar skills and responsibilities are paid.
- Internships can be full time or part time.
- Internships can be in spring, summer and fall or just one of these timeframes
College of Business and Behavioral Science Majors
Steps to establish an internship relationship with CBBS
- Evaluate your needs and determine what area the internship will be focused. (i.e., accounting, finance, research)
- Determine the type of project or work the intern will perform. CBBS interns can assist with a variety of projects (e.g., developing a product marketing plan, performing cost analysis, doing research for a business/organization, initiating key statistical data for company, etc.)
- Contact the College of Business and Behavioral Science Director of Office of Student Enrichment Renee Hebert at
864-656-0198 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For on-campus recruiting, contact the Michelin Career Center at 864-656-6000 or Career-L@clemson.edu for more information.
The Michelin Career Center
also has career fairs in the spring and fall. Clemson University welcomes your organization’s participation in these career fairs.