Cyberinfrastructure Technology Integration
CITI is responsible for building a campus cyberinfrastructure (CI) environment and engaging faculty, staff, and students who need CI for their academic, research, and outreach activities.
CITI resources include:
- An advanced knowledge infrastructure through integration of high performance computing and networks, data perceptualization and visualization, storage architecture and middleware.
- A well-established, highly successful group of faculty and technical staff with an international reputation for leading research in areas such as high performance computing applications, high throughput computing, high performance networking, data access and interpretation, including visualization, and software environments for cyber-communities.
- A high performance "condo" computing cluster with dual quadcore Intel Xeon and Sun Opteron nodes, Myrinet, and 120 TB of large-scale, high performance disk storage.
- A 24/7 monitored environment at Clemson's Information Technology Center with proper power, cooling and physical security.
- A campus grid linking over 1700 machines distributed across 27 locations on campus providing a high throughput computing resource for all faculty and students in need of a loosely coupled computer system to run thousands of jobs."