Setting the Sender
Set "firstname.lastname@example.org" as Valid Sender (FROM:) Address in Clemson Google Apps for Education Account
If you want to use your Google Apps for Education account to send email as "email@example.com" or if you need to send email to any Clemson class or departmental mailing lists, then you will need to set "firstname.lastname@example.org" as a valid "FROM" address.
- Click on the Settings link at the top of the screen.
- Click on the link to "Add another email address."
- At the name prompt, enter your name as you would like it displayed. At the prompt for email address, enter your "email@example.com" address, replacing "username" with your username.
- Now you will need to verify that the Clemson address is a real and functional address. Click on the "Send Verification" button.
- Google will send a message to your Clemson account. Go to it, open the message from Google.
Either click on the embedded link to verify your Clemson address or make note of the numbers to enter in the verification prompt.
- Now you'll need to decide if you always want to use your "firstname.lastname@example.org" address as your FROM: address or if you want to reply based on the address to which the message was sent.