Perhaps you have some spyware, adware, viruses, or extra software slowing your computer down. We recommend a software ‘cleansing':
1) Go to Start, Control Panel, "Add/Remove Programs" in Windows 7 and "Programs and Features" in Windows 8. Remove anything you do not need. If in doubt of what a program is, don’t delete it. Call 656-3494 for assistance.
2) Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools, Windows Update. Run the updates.
3) Right click on the Trend Micro icon in the taskbar. Select Update Now.
4) Go to www.malwarebytes.org and download MalwareBytes’ Anti-Malware. Install, update, and scan using it. Remove any spyware it finds. (Be sure to uncheck any additional software that they may want to inject onto your computer, such as toolbars.)
5) Repeat step 4 for Search and Destroy Spybot. Download it at www.safer-networking.org.
6) Restart your computer and run MalwareBytes, and Spybot again until none of them finds any spyware. This may take several cycles.