Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
The latest version of the Mac operating system, OS X 10.7, was released on July 20th. There are limited compatibility issues with some programs.
- Trend Micro, Clemson University's current antivirus solution, functions correctly.
- Novell SMB connections (smb://) work.
Some Compatibility Issues
- Novell iPrint doesn't work (no option available yet).
- For high-end products like FinalCut and Adobe InDesign, we recommend caution before upgrading. Users can check the Lion Capability listing here.
- Microsoft Office Issues - detailed in this Microsoft support document:
- Microsoft Office 2011 has minor import problems and serious problems with Communicator (which Clemson doesn't use).
- In Microsoft Office 2008, Microsoft Query will not work.
- Microsoft Office 2004 will not work (there is no Rosetta option for PowerPC code).
- Like many third-party programs, Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2008 also lack support for many of the Lion-specific features that Apple introduced with Mac OS X 10.7, such as Auto Save and Versions.
- Parallels version 5 or lower is incompatible with Mac OS X 10.7. Parallels verison 6 and higher is compatible. VMs created from earlier versions of Parallels will be automatically converted after installing a higher version of the software.