What is a SMART Board™?
A SMART Board™is an interactive white board. A SMART Board™allows you to connect your computer to your whiteboard. You can then control computer applications from the SMART Board™display, write notes in digital ink and save your work to share later.
Is there any cost associated with a SMART Board™?
Yes. For advice and installation of a SMART Board™in your classroom contact ITHELP@clemson.edu.
Can I download software updates for my SMART Board™?
Yes. The SMART Notebook Software and SMART Board Drivers can be downloaded from the SMART Downloads page
will need the serial number from your SMART Board or SMART Podium to be
able to install the software. This is usually on the bottom or side of
the SmartBoard, and on the back of the SMART Podium.
How do I use my SMART Board™?
You can submit a ticket to ITHELP@clemson.edu and request one on one training. If you just need a refresher, you can review the SMART Board™ Two Minute Tutorials or the SMART Board™ Quick Reference Guides on the SMART Training website.
Two Minute Tutorials
- Touch, Write and Save 10 (.SWF)
- PowerPoint 9.7 (.SWF)
- Ink Aware 9.7 (.SWF)
- Notebook Software 10 Basics (.SWF)
- Objects in Notebook Software 10 (.SWF)
- The Notebook Software 10 Gallery (.SWF)
- The Notebook Software 10 Page Sorter (.SWF)
- Other SMART Tools 9.7 (.SWF)
Quick Reference Guides
- The Basics 10(.PDF)
- Hardware Basics for Front-Projection SMART Board™ Interactive Whiteboards 10 (.PDF)
- Orienting the SMART Board™ Interactive Whiteboard 10 (.PDF)
- Using Microsoft Office Applications with SMART Board™ Software 10 (.PDF)
- Notebook Software Toolbars 10 (.PDF)
- Working with Notebook Software Gallery Collections 10 (.PDF)
- Collecting and Sharing Content with Notebook Software 10 (.PDF)
- SMART Board™ Tools 10 (.PDF)
- The Floating Tools Toolbar 10 (.PDF)
- SMART Board™ Welcome Center 10 (.PDF)
- SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard Basics 10 (.PDF)
- Notebook Software in the Office 10 (.PDF)
- Using Microsoft Word in the Classroom on a SMART Board™ Interactive Whiteboard 10 (.PDF)
- Using Microsoft Excel in the Office on a SMART Board™ Interactive Whiteboard 10 (.PDF)
- Using Microsoft PowerPoint Software on a SMART Board™ Interactive Whiteboard 10 (.PDF)
Video Overviews of SMART Boards
- Getting Started(.WMV)
- Overview: SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard (.WMV)
- Overview: SMART Board Software(.WMV)
- SMART Board Higher Ed Application (.WMV)
Frequently Asked Questions
View some of the more frequently asked questions on the Frequently Asked Questions page for the operating system you are using.
Do we offer Instructor-Led training for SMART Boards™?
No. Submit a request to ITHELP@clemson.edu to schedule a one-on-one training session on how to use a SMART Board™ in your classroom.
Additional SMART Board™ Resources