Employee Computing Orientation
Your personal web space is part of your network storage space. Publish your web pages to your public.www folder in your network storage space. Any html files that you put there will be visible from the web.
- Web site is based on your Username
- Example: http://people.clemson.edu/~username.
- Your home page should be named index.htm or index.html for it to apear under the web address. All files for your website should be placed in the public.www folder on your U:/ drive.
- You may use long file names, but there must not be any spaces in the name.
- Your personal web space is NOT indexed by the Google search engine.
- Access your files from NetStorage. This can be accessed from anywhere using your web browser.
- You can also use WebDrive to access your files when you are not on campus.
- Faculty can also use Google Apps for Education to create a Google Site. Faculty can enable their Google Apps account in the Email Control Panel.
For more information on using your Web Space, check out the Web Space FAQs.