PROGRAM HONORS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
STUDENT HONORS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Congratulations to Kousaalya Bakthavatchalam and Sai Aditya Pradeep, who are under the advisement of Dr. Srikanth Pilla. Kousaalya and Sai Aditya were declared finalists (only few to advance to the finale) of 2015 Moldex3D Global Innovation Talent Award Contest for their project entitled “Optimizing microcellular injection molding process using Moldex3D CAE simulation to enable ultra-lightweighting in automotive components”.
- Congratulations to Sara Mohon for the following awards - 2015 Southern Automotive Women’s Forum (SAWF) scholarship award winner, 2014 Automotive Women’s Alliance Foundation (AWAF) scholarship award winner, 2014 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) scholarship award winner, 2014 Mensa Foundation scholarship award winner, 2014 Car Care Women’s Board scholarship award winner (national competition), trip to Las Vegas AAPEX and SEMA show, 2014 Breslow Foundation scholarship award winner and 2014 Multi Parts Supply scholarship award winner
- Congratulations to Vismita Sonagra, Clemson University's first Bosch fellow. Read more.
- Congratulations to Kelly Krumm, Bopaiah Ittira Biddappa, Anup Shastry, who are under the advisement of Dr. Srikanth Pilla, for their awards on poster presentations at the 2014 Society of Plastics Engineers - Automotive Composites Conference held in Novi, MI. Title: Next Generation Sustainable Biocomposites for Automotive Applications, Undergraduate Category - 1st Place, Kelly Krumm (EUREKA honors student) and Bopaiah Ittira Biddappa (AuE) and Title: Value Creation from Waste Products: Development of Areca/Coir-reinforced Epoxidized Pine-Oil Laminated Composites as Advanced Automotive Materials, Graduate Category - 3rd place, Anup Shasrty (AuE) and Bopaiah Ittira Biddappa (AuE)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program
Ryan O'Donnell, 2014 Honorable Mention
- Valeo Innovation Challenge
The 2014 CU-ICAR Tigers team qualified for prototyping phase of the competition. Automotive engineering students who are team members - Peng Cao, Jasprit Gill, Pablo Sauras-Perez
FACULTY HONORS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Dr. Laine Mears - became the first recipient of the Dean’s Professor Award. An award established for retaining and rewarding some of our top talent in the College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences via professorships, which recognize and provide funding for our high-performing faculty members.
- Dr. Imtiaz Haque - inducted into the Thomas Green Clemson Academy.
- Dr. Simona Onori - receives international attention for hybrid battery research.
- Dr. Robert Prucka - has been chosen the winner of the 2015 Murray Stokely Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- Dr. Zoran Filipi - elected Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Dr. Fadi Abu-Farha - 2015 recipient of the SME Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award. The award recognizes manufacturing engineers, age 35 or younger, who have made exceptional contributions and accomplishments in the manufacturing industry.
- Dr. Beshah Ayalew - SAE 2014 Ralph Teetor Young Educator Award; NSF CAREER Award
- Dr. David Bodde - Editor of Chance and Intent published by the Kauffman Foundation
- Dr. Johnell Brooks - Institute for Advancement of Health Care (IAHC) Scholar
- Dr. Zoran Filipi - Technical session presenter, 20th Annual ARC Program Review, Ann Arbor, MI; featured in a Voice of America broadcast about automotive innovations 2014; invited speaker "Natural Gas and Electrified Powertrains for Heavy-Duty Vehicles," South Carolina Clean Energy Summit; Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Fellow; editor-in-chief for SAE's International Journal of Alternative Powertrains; 2011 SAGE Best Paper Award by the editor and editorial board of Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers; Springer Award (2012) for the most cited article in the International Journal of Automotive Technology "Improving the Predictiveness of the Quasi-D Combustion Model For Spark Ignition Engines With Flexible Intake System"
- Dr. Imtiaz Haque - Invited speaker 20th Annual ARC Program Review, Ann Arbor, MI; keynote address at 3rd International Commercial Vehicle Technology Symposium, Kaiserslautern, Germany, 2014; Invited member of Judging Panel, Altair Enlighten Award for Innovations in Vehicle Light-Weighting;
- Dr. Todd Hubing - Plenary session address at the 30th International Review of Progress in Applied Computational Electromagnetics, Jacksonville, Florida; IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility Society's 2010 Laurence G. Cumming Award
- Dr. Pierluigi Pisu - Published textbooks Hierarchical Model-Based Diagnostics: Theoretical Results and Applications to Vehicle Systems
STAFF HONORS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS