- Advanced Powertrain Systems
- Automotive Systems Integration
- Human Factors/HMI
- Manufacturing and Materials
- Vehicle Performance
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Vehicle-Infrastructure Integration
- Vehicular Electronics
Vehicle performance research includes a focus on vehicle dynamics, advanced driver-assistance systems, human interface link (HIL) and on-road testing.
Here is a sampling of current research projects being conducted in this area:
● Modeling, simulation, and model validation of dynamics and vehicles
● Advanced control strategies for traction and stability for new vehicle concepts
● Predictive tire force saturation and management for vehicle stability control
● Dynamic interactions between new tire designs, suspensions and active vehicle control systems (ABS, TCS, ESC).
● Commercial truck stability control
● Subjective/objective correlation of vehicle dynamics and drivability metrics for advanced vehicle concepts
● Improving conceptual vehicle design maturity through multi-objective Systems integration and optimization
● Design methodologies to assure safe on-road handling dynamics for vehicles with aftermarket chassis modifications
● Vehicle architectures and modularity
Additional topics and information are available on the Applied Dynamics and Control Research Group page.
This research is made possible thanks to the generosity of our sponsors.