Download Adobe Reader



Welcome to the College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences (CECAS) Prospective Transfer Student website. We are glad you are considering a degree at Clemson. Transferring from one school to another can be complicated. There is a lot to consider: admissions requirements, financial aid, what courses transfer, and tuition costs to name a few. We will provide you with the information you need to ensure a smooth transition from your previous school. Please read on and select the links that are appropriate to your situation.

The College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences (CECAS) enrolls over 100 Transfer Students each year. These students come from two and four-year institutions across the state of South Carolina and across the country. If you plan to transfer into CECAS from your institution, you are highly encouraged to contact the Clemson University Admissions Office at (864) 656-2287. The Transfer Course Equivalency List (TCEL) can aid you in determining which classes will transfer to Clemson. This listing is NOT all inclusive, but has equivalencies of courses that have been evaluated in the past: Matching the equivalent courses to the specific major you intend to pursue will help you determine how long you should remain at your current school as well as what courses you would enroll in your first semester at Clemson.

If you haven’t already, you can read about Clemson’s Transfer Admissions requirements and how the application process works here. A transfer student going into an engineering major needs 30 hours worth of transferrable college credit and a minimum GPA to be considered for admission. If accepted, they are then admitted to General Engineering (GE). All freshmen and transfer students begin in General Engineering and move into their specified major once the GE departmental standards are completed. Students transferring into Clemson who are interested in a Science discipline can be admitted directly into that department and major.

CECAS has Dual-Education (formerly known as Dual-Degree) programs with several four-year institutions across the Southeast. These colleges and universities include Anderson University, Benedict College*, Charleston Southern University, Claflin College*, Coastal Carolina University, Converse College, Erskine College, Francis Marion University, Furman University, Lander University, Lenior-Rhyne University, Newberry College, North Georgia College, North Greenville University, Presbyterian College, Winthrop University*, and Wofford College.

* These schools have not renewed their agreement with Clemson, agreements must be verified

Don’t forget to also check the Transfer FAQ page, as it is full of other helpful information:

Feel free contact me with any questions. You may reach me (preferred) by email at or by phone (864) 656-2446. Students who work closely with Clemson personnel BEFORE they transfer make a smoother transition.

I look forward to working with you.

Karen Thompson
CECAS Transfer Coordinator