Download Adobe Reader

Change of Major

To transfer into the Industrial Engineering BS program, a student must have completed the following courses with a grade of C or better: 

CH 1010 General Chemistry 
ENGL 1030 Accelerated Composition
ENGR 1050 Engineering Disciplines and Skills I OR ENGR 1020
ENGR 1060 Engineering Disciplines and Skills II
ENGR 1070 Programming and Problem Solving I OR

ENGR 1410

(see Planning Guide for more options)
ENGR 1080 Programming and Problem Solving II
ENGR 1090 Programming and Problem Solving Applications
MATH 1060 Calculus of One Variable I  OR MATH 1040 and 1070
MATH 1080 Calculus of One Variable II 
PHYS 1220 Physics with Calculus I

From General Engineering

The GE advisors will manage the paperwork. As long as the student has a 2.0 overall GPA and has completed the courses documented above, the change of major will be processed.

From any other major

First, the student must have a 2.0 overall GPA and have completed the courses documented above. Additionally, since the IE department strictly enforces prerequisites, we believe it is important that students understand the courses required to be taken in each semester. As such, for non-General Engineering students, we also require that the student complete a plan of study that documents all courses to be taken until graduation. The plan needs to be emailed to Mrs. Jess LeCroy (if the last name begins with A-K) or Dr. Robert Riggs (if the last name begins with L-Z).

Information sources

Suggested process

Determine in which semester IE 4670 should be taken. Then, plan backwards for all required IE courses (those numbered in the curriculum, as opposed to those in lists such as IE Technical Requirement). After IE required courses are located, then look at the courses that have prerequisites, such as CE 2010 or ECE 2070/2080. For courses that satisfy requirements from lists, such as IE Technical Requirements or Math/Science or Ethics and Professional Practice, just list the name of the requirement.