Institute for Engaged Aging
Mission and Goals
of the Institute for Engaged Aging is to discover, develop and disseminate best practices for engaged aging through research, education and service in order to enable older adults to be engaged in family and community living regardless of their health, economic, social or employment status The Institute Goals:
- Increase research activities to develop best practices for engaging older adults in family and community living
- Develop graduate curricula, coursework, certificate and training programs in gerontology
- Develop and maintain external partnerships in research, teaching and service
- Develop and disseminate policy proposals on how to engage older adults in family and community living
- Explore entrepreneurial opportunities with business partners and develop and test innovative infrastructure mechanisms for university-wide center operations.